What: SETAC North America Gulf Oil Spill Focused Topic Meeting
When: 26-28 April 2011
Where: Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel, Pensacola Beach, Florida
We welcome credentialed journalists, and we appreciate your interest in the Gulf Oil Spill Meeting. Register in advance for a complimentary press pass by contacting Mimi Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 469 1500 ext. 113.
While the scientific sessions are limited to participating scientists, we are happy to work with you to arrange interviews and to help you locate additional information. The press pass also gives you access to the Communication Challenges and Solutions session, the Closing Plenary and Panel session, and the Press Conference.
If you would like to arrange an onsite or telephone interview prior to the meeting, please contact Greg Schiefer, SETAC North America Executive Director, at email@example.com or (850) 469 1500 ext. 105.
The Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC), a non-profit professional society, welcomes media representatives to this meeting’s Press Center to report objectively on scientific presentations and environmental issues. Advertising or marketing representatives will not be admitted, and freelance writers must provide a letter of assignment from an acceptable publisher. All attendees at SETAC meetings must formally register.
In order to prevent disruptions and to ensure science-based discourse among speakers and attendees, the following policy applies:
- Members of the press will not be allowed into the scientific sessions unless approval has been obtained in advance from the SETAC North America executive director
- Cameras, recording, and broadcast equipment may be used with consenting speakers during press briefings only, unless express, advance approval has been received from the SETAC North America executive director
- A SETAC member or staff member may be assigned to news crews in order to familiarize them with the meeting purpose, answer questions about the Society, and generally facilitate their work
- All requests for filming, photographs, interviews, etc. outside this policy must be submitted to the SETAC North America executive director for a decision in advance
- This policy is intended to engender a rational and professional forum in which science-based issues can be discussed. Any media representative who sells, markets, or represents a company for purposes of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any exhibitor or registrant will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and subsequent meetings.